Monday, July 18, 2005

Today was...

Today was a different feeling day. I'm not sure why that was the case. Maybe because it's...a new day? Some days I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog's Day. Today was not that day. Today I really felt that I missed communing with others, but not enough to reach out and commune. I just reflected a lot. Tried to understand why I was feeling irritation towards a few people at work. Maybe because those two people remind me of work. I'll have to get another check of my energy while in their space and figure what I need to do to counteract that. I don't want or need anything taking me out of my element especially when all they've done is exist...nothing more, nothing less. That ain't right! So, I need to figure out what's happening with my energy when I am around them.

Went to the pool today. I did a little sun bathing to get Vitamin D in my system.

I've been thinking about the unfortunate comments made by Reverend Wilson. Not sure why I've been thinking about it so much. I sincerely hope that he learns something from this experience. We can't complain about what others do to us and never take responsibility for our own actions. No one is ALWAYS right! We have to be big enough to say "I'm sorry I hurt you." How else will we heal the divides between people of the Earth? Basic respect is all most people want. Basic respect is what every person deserves and has a right to.

I know that this is a Utopian thought, but I really wish that we as humans were advanced enough to judge people by the content of their character. I wish that we could see past sexual orientation and gender, race, class, etc. I wish that we could see the Spirit of a person rather than what amounts to the clothes they wear. I know, I know...like Martin said, "I have a dream". I wish it was reality.

I've heard Reverend Wilson say controversial things before with my own ears. Maybe I've grown, Maybe I've changed, Maybe I've backslid (or whatever)...His comments don't feel right to hear or read. I'm gonna let that go soon and move on. But for some reason the sad feeling I have about his comments is sticking around.

Reverend Wilson has done a lot of good in the community. In the past, I have personally gained much from the ministries at Union Temple. He officiated my dad's homegoing services when my father never stepped one foot in his church. For that I will always be gratefull... This is a learning opportunity for the Reverend. If we are gonna make a call for unity, we have to use love to do it...genuine love. If we say we wanna promote healing, then we have to speak and act in ways that foster that healing. Okay, I'm gonna try to be done with that topic and get on with something else...

Hot, humid and hazy is the weather forecast for... just kidding

It's getting late and I'm getting tired and... that's it

Be good, good people. Love... not just verbalizations, but practice love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.