Friday, July 08, 2005

We used to run and play outside from sun up to sun down. Now days the only exercise most of us get is digital (the fingers)...clicking away at keys conversing with others, attempting to ward off loneliness and find some place, some one to commune with us.

How is it that I remember as many id's and passwords as I do? I try to use the same ones, but the same one isn't always available.

I've been extremely tired over the last few days since my holiday travel. Probably a combination of less sleep and low iron. Life is good though! I've been wanting to have some quiet time to read. I finished the two reports I had to complete over the summer. Hopefully, I won't have any other reports to do until September. Summers at work used to be fun...I'm still waiting for the fun to kick in. I'm sure we'll get there soon.

I will start working on my landscaping project this weekend. I put it off as long as I possibly can. My yard is beginning to look REAL raggedy. That word looks funny- "raggedy". It looks like it wants to be tragic and raged...not my yard...the word raggedy.

This week has really flown by fast. It seems that I was just at Sunday with my family, and Saturday watching Live8.

This weekend I'd like to get some exercise, read the new books I purchased Wednesday, breathe deeper than the day before, feel centered, eat good for me food (no coffee and iced lemon pound cake from Starbucks), drink a Blueberry Izze soda, talk to my momma and my sister, practice on the drum set, do some relaxation exercises, and just feel plain old at peace. I want to get centered enough to begin writing short stories I've been thinking about for some time now.

I'm not really sure how I've been feeling lately. I know that I've been a little disoriented because I did something different with my family. We had a family meeting and for the first time many of us opened up to allow others to see parts of us that we haven't shown/exposed before. We cried, we laughed and we prayed. That was a major first for my extended family...we all gathered together and if wasn't because someone died or was about to die.

Waking up to the news of the explosions in London was disorienting too. I'm just not sure what to make of it all. I'm been a little more saturated with the news of it than I should be.

I can't wait to rest and relax. I'm eating late tonight. So, I gotta stay up late....

Hurricane season is back! Has been for a minute...

I wanna get right inside. feel okay... feel my peace... get quiet, be faithfull...

Be faithfull...

Tips for the weekend:
Make your communion and communications with others meaningfull.
Don't use others for your personal pleasure or gain.
Don't speak to hear yourself talk...save your breathe.
Actively Love yourself and others...
Do something good for yourself and others.
Find your peace of mind.
Humble yourself.
Apologize if you know you've offended someone regardless of their response to your apology.
Be thankfull for life.
Get centered if you aren't already.
Be nice!

peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.