Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Needing Spiritual Grounding

I need spiritual and emotional grounding today. There a little too much chaos around me, and I've been feeling pretty unsettled inside. Balance needs to be restored. My body, my mind and my spirit are telling me "Hey, we need some order up in here!" Where do we start? The first place we can start is our immediate surroundings. Create the order that is needed. For me, that means cleaning and organizing my surroundings- My bed is full of clean clothes. They haven't been folded yet. So, I'll start there. Then, I'll tidy up around the house. This will help focus and center my eyes and thus my thoughts and my thinking. Cleaning and organizing can be meditative if breathing and intent are focused on relaxing, clearing and centering the attention and energies.

What next? Breathe some more. Breathe more deeply. Focus the attention on the breath. Say a mantra. If there is no mantra, think beautifull thoughts. Literally, say to yourself "beautifull thoughts". If your attention stays there on beautifull thoughts, beautifull thoughts will come. Be focus in your intent to have beautifull thoughts and they will come.

What ever is distracting to you, turn it off, tune it out and breathe deeply. Whatever it is you are doing, give it your full attention.

I want to send loving thoughts out to everyone right now. I need loving thoughts returned. I heard of another death today. The 30 year old parent of a student passed away yesterday. I was shocked to read the email. Again, I'm feeling like I've heard of one about one too many deaths. As I drove, I wondered to myself...If i died tomorrow, could I make my transition feeling that I was satisfied with my life and what I was doing in it. With my job? No. I know that I am here to do more. I need to be about the work that God has placed me here to do. Now, yes, my job is sort of in line with that. yes, I help people everyday in very meaningfull ways but what I do doesn't inspire me. I am not refueled energetically by the passion for my work. I need to be about that. Tim McGraw has a song called Live Like You Were Dying. I heard it first some time ago and the lyrics really struck me.

So often we live as if we have two million years to hang around and get it right.

NEWS FLASH!!! WE DON'T!!

I am relatively young, but each day adds up to weeks and the weeks to months and the months to years....and we always think we have more time to do such and such after we've let days and months and years go by without doing what we say we want to do OR what we know in our hearts we need to do.

Whatever is on your to-do-list Make time to do it AND have some fun while you do it. Life is too short to keep wasting our time and talents. We gotta get this thing right. When we go, when our time has come to transition to 100% spirit, we want to feel good about how we spent our time here. We, I want to feel good about the life I led, the hearts and spirits I've touched.

I have to get busy right now. I need to go clear those clothes off of my bed and tidy up my space. And then I need to Breathe...more deeply. And think beautifull thoughts. and then maybe I'll hit the skins (drums) to induce a little more relaxation and ask the spirit of the ancestors to join me.

I want to pray for all who are grieving, sad, lonely and hurt. May the spirit of comfort and peace be by your side. And then I need to eat. Everything won't get done necessarily in that order, but that's what our/my intentions are this evening.

God, Thank you for the continuous breaths that I take. I need your comfort, your joy and your peace. Please be with me! And so it is!

Live Like You Were Dying by Tim McGraw
He said I was in my early forties
with a lot of life before me
when a moment came that stopped me on a dime
and I spent most of the next days
looking at the x-rays
Talking bout the options
and talking bout sweet time
I asked him when it sank in
that this might really be the real end
how's it hit you when you get that kinda news
man what'd you do

and he said
I went sky diving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named FuManchu
and I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
and I gave forgiveness I'd been denying
and he said someday I hope you get the chance
to live like you were dying.

He said I was finally the husband
that most the time I wasn't
and I became a friend a friend would like to have
and all the sudden going fishin
wasn't such an imposition
and I went three times that year I lost my dad
well I finally read the good book
and I took a good long hard look
at what I'd do if I could do it all again

and then
I went sky diving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named FuManchu
and I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
and I gave forgiveness I'd been denying
and he said someday I hope you get the chance
to live like you were dying.

Like tomorrow was a gift and you got eternity to think about
what'd you do with it what did you do with it
what did I do with it
what would I do with it'

Sky diving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named FuManchu
and then I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
and I watched an eagle as it was flying
and he said someday I hope you get the chance
to live like you were dying.
To live like you were dying
To live like you were dying
To live like you were dying
To live like you were dying

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.