Monday, October 25, 2004

Purpose and Work

Today went by pretty fast for someone that wasn't interested in going to work today. Ironically, I was am always interested in getting a pay check...go figure (lol). I am very fortunate to be able to ease in to my work week. Things aren't really too busy right now. So, I'm not actually running around like a chicken with my head cut off- yet.

Sometimes I get tired of where I work. I work in a predominately white environment. I get along well with everyone. It just feels lonely at times. Like there isn't really anyone to relate to. I feel much better when there is an energy exchange between and the folks I am around. I feel better when we have something in common. I have the best times at work in the summer when my friends and I spend time together at my central office. We play, we laugh, we share...

During the school year, it feels so sterile in the schools. I guess the work I do isn't FULLfilling or, should I say the setting. I need to get creative with the skills I have. My dilemma is I am tied to the money. Sad, but real and true. I get paid really well, but don't enjoy the work environment. A co-worker suggested that maybe I am taking the job too serious. maybe I am. He said just give them what they want...He makes big bucks to show up and do a little work. Could I be content with that? ...not sure if I can.

God, I need guidance. Where will I find happiness in a job, in my work? I know that this may not be the place. I feel like I am going through the motions. Should I expect more than that? I think I should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.