Saturday, October 23, 2004

Shifts in Consciousness

Sometimes things happen that push us/move us to see ourselves, our lives, the world around us differently. Sometimes we have personal 'quakes' that occur in our lives that cause a shift in our thinking, our consciousness. Disruptions, eruptions, things that shake us up, physically and emotionally. The events of September 11, 2001 caused many in the world to experience a shift in consciousness. We felt vulnerable, exposed, angry, disillusioned, sadness and a host of other emotions. September 11 was a major, catastrophic event that impacted many on a grand scale. There are other events that impact us on are far more personal level. Periods of life...transitions. Growing pains.

I often experience shifts in consciousness. Things that cause adjustments to the way I perceive myself and the world around me. Sometimes this occurs after reading something and for some reason a light bulb appears and I get it like I didn't get the last time I read this or that. The "ah-ha" moment. Other times things happen...a shift occurs, something happens...I meet someone that touches me causing me to see me different than I saw me before. Someone knows something about me that I didn't think they knew. Something I spent a lot of time hiding and suddenly I am exposed...the shift occurs when I realize what I thought was a reality isn't real anymore. It isn't truth anymore...The feeling we have when we find out our lover was unfaithfull to us. It's the moment, minutes, hours, days, months and years between reconciling who/what we thought we were with who we are becoming...and finally realizing who we are until something else happens that causes us to question ourselves.

Reconciling, settling, getting okay with what we think and feel, what we thought we knew about ourselves...

When something happens and I don't know who I am anymore I listen to Prince to remind me of where I've been. To integrate the "me" I knew before the shift in thinking with the "me" I am discovering, the "me" that I am becoming... that I am from: new experience, opportunities to love, maturing, growing, exposure, asserting, living, and Being FULL of life/energy/Spirit.

The shifts are psychospiritual growth spurts that may seem like a curse but is actually a blessing from the universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.