Thursday, August 04, 2005

Blessed

I am truly blessed to have such a wonderfull man in my life. There have been times when I did not appreciate him as much as I do now. We have definitely grown through many trials, up and downs. We've hung in there with each other.

When I am down he brings me cards and flowers and candies wrapped in gift bags. One day he came home with about five bouquets of flowers because I was a little sad. He has loved me from the beginning...There were times when we couldn't interpret the others language. There were times when my ungrounded nature had us not knowing where we stood with each other. There were times when our places and spaces of personal development didn't jibe with each other. There were times when I resisted being the nurturer because I needed nurturing and we reacted to each others moments of chaos and insanity. Yes, we've had our moments and our times. Through it all we're hanging in there til we reach what Stevie called our "Higher Ground".

It really isn't about possession, although many want to possess. It really isn't about happily ever after, only we can make that for ourselves...no one else! It's about friendship and liking and loving each other and commitment to be there to support each other through the other's sh*t. That can't happen if you hate or dislike your spouse or mate. It takes time and energy to get to know people...really know people. It takes accepting them as divine creations that are perfect in their imperfections. Isn't that what we want? Acceptance and unconditional love. Yes, there has to be a common interest and bond. And, it may not always be the same thing year after year.

Well, I just had an impromptu moment to share how blessed I am to have a partner, a friend who loves me for me. He's great! I'm blessed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful Sis. Happy to hear. :) That is definitely a blessing. BTW, have a great time on your trip. Take care.

Peace, Love & Mocha Blessings!
CG

3:01 AM  
Blogger Blackgold said...

Thank U, Chocolate Girl!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.