Sunday, July 31, 2005

What's happening?

"Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello"....Hello is the b-side song on Prince's Pop Life single. Pop Life is one of my favorite Prince songs. Back to Hello...everytime I write Hello I start singing the Prince song in my head.

Today was a very busy day after a very sedentary day yesterday. Today I deweeded my front lawn by hand. I worked in the yard from 10am to 3pm nonstop, two outside gatorade breaks. It felt great. It's one of the few times that I am totally in the moment, not thinking about anything. The time goes by so fast...it's like a moving meditation. It feels wonderfull to NOT think. It feels wonderfull to be active. It feels wonderfull to see the end result of your work and feel that's time well spent. So often I am in front of the computer doing nothing but surfing. The time flies by fast when I'm websurfing but it does nothing for my body Or mind nor my spirit. When I am working in the yard I am with God, with the Earth...I am also out in the sun sweating which is good for my skin. The Vitamin D from the sun is GOOOOOOD for my overall wellbeing.

Good news! Good News! Friday was my last day of work until August 29. I work year 'round to get to August, my month off. I love having an 11 month contract. I need to structure my time though. I have a few books I want to start and/or finish reading. I also have my own work to read and edit.

Next week I'm off to Miami for a week. I am planning to soak up more sun and have some fun. I will be joined by some of the best minds in the world at the Association of Black Psychologists' convention. I will probably stay up very late watching the best and the brightest minds unwind with all night games of Bid Whist. I have no idea what the object of that game is, but I love to hear them talk sh*t to each other. My ABPsi conferences have been some of the most life changing gatherings I have ever experienced. When I am with them I am with family. This will be our annual reunion. (smiling) I can hardly wait...

Being in the moment is so crucial to living a stressless, or should I say stress reduced life. everyone should have activities that take them out of their heads...activities that are meditative. That's what my yard work is for me....exercise and meditation. I need to plant my Sunflower seeds. I have the small size, medium size and the gigantic size sunflower seeds. I don't think that I will plant the gigantic ones. I'd prefer to grow the smaller ones in a container to start. I need to get my grass to start growing again. Weeds started to choke the life out of it. (Weeds choking the life out of something)...hmmm. But I cleaned it up. It's brown and bald but I'm gonna keep working with it, tending to it and helping it get healthy again. TLC is what it needs. TLC is what we all need.

Back to Basics! Things have gotten so out of hand, so far outside of our realm of control, that it's hard to live purposefull lives. We get busy trying to keep of with the demands of keeping up. I want to make the most of my time. There is so much that we still have control over...We have full control, actually. "Keep dreaming! Keep Living! Keep Being in the Moment!", I tell myself. "Keep On!", said the ancestors. "Okay!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.