Tuesday, August 02, 2005

"Everybody Got A Little Light Under The Sun"

Yep, yep! George Clinton...P-Funk! Talk about inspiration laced in Funk! How can I give it to you to help you digest it? People, your story is just as important as anybody elses story. Your dream is just as valuable and profound. Your being present, our presence is inspirational and miraculous. I thank God, myself, my ancestors, my parents, my friends and my enemies for this day. I thank them/us all for me being who I am. I am thankfull for my story, my vision, my trials, my triumphs...Many of us look to others and their stories as having more meaning and more value than ours. Hey, it ain't so! It isn't so! That's not the way it is!

Yes, sometimes we get caught up in the drama and comedy of other people's lives. The television, the radio, the magazines...everywhere, everything is telling you to embrace something and somebody else. WHY? Usually for a profit, to sell a product and increase their bottom line. The psychology of selling...Hey, you need to know it, understand. Parliament did a song called Funkentelechy...One of my favorite phrases of all time is from the song. It says, "Mind you wants 'cause there's someone that wants your mind".

One day I'll post that song. Like P-Funk, it's the bomb!

I've developed an aversion to fanaticism in all forms. To buying and investing (financial, energetically, and emotionally) into the reality and future of another while your desires, wants and dreams are on hold or nonexistent. Relationship... What is it? I will not define it here. But whenever you are giving of yourself in any way, while it can't be matched ounce for ounce, pound for pound, make sure you are receiving while you give. If it's not balanced, reconsider! If you can't be honest...If you can't have input...Reconsider! Reevaluate! Sometimes we think so little of ourselves that we take scraps. We allow others to play with us for their musing. You deserve too!

What do you want? Even if you don't know for sure understand that you get what you expect! Nothing less!

Go Live! Create your own stories...Go Live, and while you're at it, enjoy being!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Sistah BG....again

4:17 PM  
Blogger Blackgold said...

No Problem-o! Thanks for stopping by!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.