Thursday, July 21, 2005

I should be in bed now, but I ain't
I should fall asleep, but I haven't tried
I should log out, stop writing and walk upstairs, but I don't want to not yet
I should close my eyes here and take a little cat nap, but why
I wanna write
I wanna purge my head of thoughts
I wanna free these energies, these dreams, these shortcomings and these longer-goings,
these words...
have life
have meaning
have a pulse of their own
can u feel it?
can u read it?
What does it say?
Tell me! Tell me!
Okay, Okay...I miss you
I thought of you
I know you and
I owe you... truth

See, we speak the same language
and we've traveled the same roads
journeying on the way to self-re-covery
rememberances...we've held them
I am and you are...love
I am to show you and grow new...love
and when you forget all the false names
that they've called you
and when you wonder who you are again
remember...love

And I should go to bed now...maybe
And I've purged all these thoughts out of my head...let's see
And maybe I can close my eyes now...
ummm, still... not yet

Copyright © 2005 Blackgold347

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.