Monday, June 27, 2005

Fear and Insecurity

If you want to live your dreams you must realize that fear and insecurity have no place other than to motivate and stimulate you to action. Otherwise, fear and insecurity must take a back seat...that's if you allow them to ride in the car with you at all.

I did something that I'm I usually get anxious about today, and I did it with minimal anxieties. I spoke in front of a crowd of folks...I could have backed out. I could have said, "no, someone else can do it?" But why would I do that if I want to share with folks? If the prayer is to share and give, what sense does it make to not share and give when the opportunity presents itself (however it presents itself)? If it is rejected on a smaller scale, will it be accepted on a larger scale? There is only one you, unless you are a carbon copy of someone else. Share yourself with the world.

Now, sometimes fear is a natural response such as when you are about to be attacked by a pack of wolves, or someone is holding a gun to your head. In those instances, fear is an automatic reaction to life threatening situations. But we not talking about that...

We're talking about having what you say you want show up in your life and then being afraid of what you asked for, or afraid to simple shine your unique light in the world.

Confront your fears! Don't let them immobilize you. Confront your excuses...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.