Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday Thoughts

I've been playing drums, keyboard and guitar since I got home this evening. I felt the need to create music, sound, melodies...There is and has been so much emotion that I've wanted to get out. So many stories to tell. So many stories... Dreams, memories, pasts and futures. My saving grace thus far in life has been my faith and hope. Each day I realize and cherish what is real. Or what I certify/stamp real for that moment because "real" often changes. Mind is so powerfull.

Mind creates. Mind destroys. Gives life and takes it away. Creation... What shall we create these days? Heaven? Hell?

I thirst, but I don't know what/where my water is. What will quench this thirst, the hunger? I know, although I try to act like I don't know, that there are no short cuts in life. Only life cut short...Some have lived many years with no peace inside. No joy. Distractions are plentifull. Process is my lesson.

I was told a beautifull story of faith today. It was so moving that I cried.

If you want to learn more about who you are/what makes you tick, talk to your mother about about who she was/how she felt/what she was going through emotionally and spiritually during her pregnancy with you. Ask her about how she felt about herself. Ask her if she was happy or sad or both or neither. Ask her if she felt loved and support during that time. Ask her if she felt alone. Did she have health problems or difficulties? Why? Because everything she felt you felt too. Everything that she experience, you experienced too. Sometimes we inherit their pain, hopelessness and disappointment. Having that information clues us in on what we need to provide to ourselves in order to heal and accept certain aspects of ourselves. Often times mothers have miraculous stories to share with us about us and them, together. Stories of faith in the midst of uncertainty. Pregnancy/Creation is an act of faith.

What will make your Spirit soar? What will provide the peace within? Living and Loving that is in sync with purpose does it for me. What is your therapy? What heals the sadness (if sadness exists)? "Know thyself." Share. Love. Create. Feel. Laugh. Raise up your friend, your neighbor. Commune.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say again BG powerful.....keep healing !

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.