Saturday, April 23, 2005

I set up my first drum set all by myself without instructions. My brother was unable to help because he had to get home to take care of some personal business. I started right away when I got in from work. It was serious trial and error. I took the bass/kick drum skins off about three or four times until I finally got it right at 11 something last night. Just about every muscle in my body is sore. That stuff is heavy. It's one of those aches you don't mind because you know you accomplished something to get it.

I haven't played them yet. I don't want to disturb the neighbors too early. I have been looking to see if their van is gone though. I'm still tired though. I may go out to get silence pads today so that I can just play and not be concerned about sound and disturbing anyone.

I must be tired because I have no motivation to go out and do anything. I went to bed pretty late last night. I wanted to finish my project and set it up like I wanted it. I was kind of shocked the thing didn'thave set up instructions. I guess they expect you to know what you are doing if you are going to by a drum kit.

I am loving this Firefox theme I downloaded. It's really neat to have a change of your virtual scenery with the click of a button. That would be nice at home too. I should really do some housework, but I don't feel like it.

It's a little cloudy here today. Lots of fog earlier. We had rain yesterday, which was a blessing. The pollen count on Thursday was 3000. I take allergy meds year round. I must say it worked well because my reaction to the increase was subtle, but noticeable.

I have a few new books...One of them has excerpts from several books by Carlos Castaneda. I've seen his books all over the shelves in the metaphysical/new age section. (that's a trip...New Age to describe what is most often ancient teachings, anyway) I can't remember the other book..oh, it's on writing. I haven't forgotten about the book of poetry. It's still on my radar screen and list of things to do. The motivation hasn't been there. My coffee shop friend says it's procrastination. He's right...along with sidetrackation. ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Test

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.