Thursday, April 21, 2005

Closer

I rearranged some things in the meditation/almost drum room to make room for the drum set. I will probably need to get drum pads so I can practice whenever I want without disturbing anyone. I really need to work on coordination and stamina, but that will come with practice.

I am getting closer and closer to actualizing my dream to play drums. I have wanted this for as long as I can remember. My heart is smiling. I am tempted to try and put it together myself...I know I'll save time if my brother was helping.

I purchased a Parliament Funkadelic CD over the weekend. The songs are so nostalgic. I felt like I was right back in the 70's. Wouldn't it be nice to Time Travel. I recently purchased a book titled The Yoga of Time Travel. I haven't been able to sit and read it just yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I take it with me every Sunday when I go to the coffee shop to hang out and read. I think I looked at it the last time I was there, but I started talking to a gentleman who has been kind enough to allow me to sit at his table for the last three weeks. We have great talks.

I am so thankfull that tomorrow is Friday.

I am still contemplating taking a little break from social work and doing something a little less emotionally intense. It's crunch time. We have to finish special education assessments before the school year ends. I have enjoyed working with the children/students, but my coworkers are showing just how stressed or mentally unbalanced they are. I have one coworker who's tantruming when she doesn't get her way. The next step for her will be crying and throwing herself on the floor. She is acting like she needs a squirt or two of a Prozac spritz right in the face during one of her outbursts. Eli Lilly (pharmaceutical company), can we start production on that? I don't mind if people act out...we all lose it from time to time, but we usually only allow those closest to us see that. Hopefully, things will get better. Although she bugging me, I think I'll say or do something nice for her... maybe even whisper a silent prayer.

The best thing that I've been able to do is not take her acting out personal. That's where we often get sidetracked. Don Miguel Ruiz's The Four Agreements helped make me aware of that several years ago.

"Don't take anything personally." -Don Miguel Ruiz

Deepak Chopra is churning out a book or tape everything two weeks it seems. The most recent one I saw in the bookstore is A Holistic Guide to Pregnancy (written with Dr. David Simon). It looked pretty good.

New Life...This is a good place to stop for now...Enjoy Life!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

prozac spritz?! classic!!
the social services field is emtionally draining at times but it takes a special kind of soul to be able to work this profession and you are that soul.


-rocky-

11:34 PM  
Blogger Blackgold said...

Thanks, Roc-Roc.

10:33 AM  
Blogger HOLISTIC LOCS said...

Hi there! ~Been a while since I stopped by, so glad I did! Thanks for sharing, getting motivated just reading this lol. Nice!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.