Saturday, April 09, 2005

Beautifull Day

I love the Sun. I've got it honest...I'm a Leo, ruled by the Sun, born on Sun-day. If you've ever wondered why you feel so good on long, bright and sunny days, one of the reasons might be because the Sun is the source of vitamin D. Yes, the substance added to orange juice and milk is produced naturally in the body with the assistance of the Sun. Vitamin D has been shown to be essential in the body's production of serotonin, one of several neurotransmitters (chemicals) that impacts our moods. When serotonin is abundant we feel good and happy.

Today, my body was a vitamin-d producing machine. I spent several hours outside walking and shopping and browsing and driving in the car with the windows down listening to a live version of Bob Marley and the Wailers and Meshell's Cookie: The Anthropological Mixtape (those two together, now that's good stuff right there).

The weather was gorgeous. The Cherry Blossoms in DC are in bloom and everyone was out and about checking them out. Beautifull children laid back cruising in strollers...(those were the days).

I thought about my dad some wondering what his thoughts and feelings were right before he took his last breaths. I wondered if his plea for delivery from his pain became the meditation that allowed him to transition without fear. Eight years later I pray that your soul is resting in peace, Pops. This grieving thing is like the moon and the tide. It waxes and wanes... it comes and goes. Sometimes you see it in whole and other times in part but you always feel it, some days grand and other days it's subtle. These days I choose to reflect on my dad with a purpose. There are many stories that must be told by many who are no longer here in this realm. For some I am their mouthpiece.

And today was beautifull. I am so thankfull to be a part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.