Friday, April 08, 2005

We enjoy the fantasies that we replay and react to in the holodeck called the mind, but do we really want what we say we want? If you had it would you know what to do with it? Or, does it only have life in the ethers?

I can always tell when a "heady" person speaks. Their voice lacks the humility only ascertained through experience and pain, internally and externally afflicted. -P. Butler

When I use the term heady, I am referring to one who operates from the head alone, separately from the heart. It's easier to intellectualize and theorize when it hasn't been tested in practice. For many years I cut off the lines of communication between heart and head. Nowadays, I try really hard to think with my head and speak from my heart.

When I was younger I thought I knew everything until I got older and realized I knew very little. I've grown to a stage in life where I'm comfortable saying 'I don't know'. The only thing I know most of the time with certainty is how a feel at a particular moment in time. But please be advised the expiration date on that feeling is subject to change without notice. As I get older my vision changes allowing me the opportunity to see/feel through a different lens. I am so thankfull that I did not get everything that I thought I wanted when I prayed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.