Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Disappointed

I am thoroughly disappointed by what is considered entertainment today. The Vibe Awards are on television. I'm not saying that people aren't talent, but isn't art supposed to uplift and make people feel good. It seems to be a lot of booty shaking women and men trying to show how hard they are. I heard and read that a fight broke out during the taping that will be edited out. They can cut the tape, but the energy remains in that place. I am tempted to watch it just to see what they try to do to convince the cameras that they were impacted by the violence that broke out in that space.

It makes me wanna pray hard...each individual must be response-able for his/her actions. Some want to stay on a very base, savage, barbaric level. Will the norm every be to promote a healthFULL life?

I expect more from people. I know I'm about to qoute John Kerry, but I know we can do better.

1 Comments:

Blogger HOLISTIC LOCS said...

...I'm very much feeling you on this!
Its been a long while since I have actually enjoyed entertainment... its all an ego trip now!
And it kills the talent.

I'll keep searching for something new...
~peace, love and light~

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.