Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Freedom

It's hard to sit by and watch a person do what U feel isn't in their best interest. I have so much respect for parents who stand by, step back and allow their children to learn life's lessons the hard way. So, many attempts are made to steer them in the "right" direction. Everyone can learn from parents...a parent's love for their child.

As a friend, how do you support a person during a time of need but not try to influence them to do what u think is best for them? Everyone has free will. Everyone must learn life lessons. Some learn the easy way, some learn the hard way. We all need to learn from our experiences.

I guess space is needed, the step back to gain perspective. How do u balance showing a person you care, but not condoning their behavior when it proves detrimental to their wellbeing? I usually reframe things in a way that makes it easier. I liken the thing they are doing to a drug addiction. I care about you, but I won't stand around and overlook the fact that you are harming yourself.

In the past I cut people off when I couldn't get with what they were doing to themselves. Some say that's harsh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.