Thursday, November 11, 2004

The News

For many years it has been very difficult to watch the news. In fact, I stopped a while ago. I was sickened by it after the United States invaded Iraq. When I saw that they had journalists/the media embedded with troops. On every channel you saw a sanitized, watered down version of War. In a sense it sensitized us. Now, many watch the feeds from Iraq like Monday night football. For others, it incites and stirs anxiety. I am exhausted seeing so much pain, death and destruction. Hearing of kidnappings and be-headings. We never see family terrorized by the United States weapons of mass destruction. We only see the U.S. kicking the ass of the evil doers...hmmm. Just for the record. I have not bought the labels that some have tried to sell to me. I continue to think, critique, judge for myself. I don't have all the information. The little we receive is what has been allowed to be known. Yes, some stuff leaks out. Get's past those that are the gatekeepers of information, spin doctors for the military.

If I had to watch television, I'd rather watch cartoons. Or movies, that I choose. But I prefer to not watch television. I remember when that is all I used to do...it sucked the life force from me because I was not thinking, I was not doing, and most importantly, I wasn't being.

The news is propaganda. Serves those who want us to serve them, the money, the corporation(s) behind the news. Why do you think Tavis was fired from BET? He thinks for himself. Follows the beat of his own drum. A radio/television activitist with the power to influence and move people to action. Joe Madision calls himself a radio-active-ist...Tavis is one too.

Anyway, watch what you take in...If you've been noticing that you've been feeling sad, depressed, and anxious after watching the news, all your systems are a go. You are online. That's an appropriate response/re-action to what you are bombarded with when watching the news.

Watch what goes in, cultivate the mind. Say NO to what you don't want because whether you know it or not you say yes to whatever U allow in. Protect and nurture the mind, body and spirit. Consider it an option if U want...I can't afford to give up my mind again. I paid a hell of a ransom to get it back. I'm still re-collecting pieces of my mind. I'll safeguard it.

In the words of George Clinton/P-Funk, THINK! IT'S NOT AGAINST THE LAW YET. THINK! iT'S NOT AGAINST THE LAW YET. Hold up, hold up...That was in the 70's...Is it against the law to think? I'm not sure in this day and time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.