Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A Day, Week, Month...Of Mourning

I thought of titling this 'What if Bush is re-elected?' But I remembered that he was never elected. He was selected. But the title is not what my thoughts are about.

If Bush wins I seriously feel like I'm going to need a period of time to mourn. I've never been so in to politics and I've never been so disillusioned about American, the politics really do make me wanna holla...scream until my throat is numb, sore, raw...

Does our vote count? Is it all a big game? A few that rule? They say it's a democracy...

Life will go on...It has to, it always does. Life went on after the last election. Many people aren't here today because of choices made by people who were both selected and elected. We are no longer respected as a nation. Our so-called enemies have been given more reason to hate and harm. I guess I'll have to strive to be in the world but not of it. They say the real war is a spiritual war...I need to pray and vote, and pray some more long after I vote. Reconnect with and understand divine will. All this has purpose. Faith without works is dead...merge belief, intent and action.

God please let John Kerry be elected president. I know faith without works is dead...But people really are turning out to vote this time. We want a change. Some don't, but many do. Please...

Let our voices, votes and prayers be heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.