Monday, November 01, 2004

Another Beauty-FULL Day

Today was lovely. I woke up pretty early this morning and felt the need to organize, reduce clutter so that I could begin the day with a fresh state of mind. I changed the sheets on the bed, pillow case. Folded the mound of clothes that covered 2/3's of the bed. Returned some books that were on the floor near the bed to the book shelf in the meditation room.

I had breakfast this morning...good ole' cream of wheat cereal (lol) and green tea. I attempted to watch television but my cable was O.U.T. out! The DVR still worked so I watched Floetry's performance as well as Gerald Levert and Marsha of Floetry duet on BET's Walk of Fame tribute to Smokey Robinson. I got goose bumps watching them again...especially Gerald and Marsha's duet.

I also watched Starting Over, a reality television with Iyanla Vanzant and Rhonda ______ , who are life coaches on the show. I love this show. I watched it and shed a few tears...I know, I know but this show is really touching. you watch people struggle to make sense of their lives...pushing themselves to grow through challenges and reach their potential with assistance from others including their housemates. It's good TV yall. Very touching...NBC. Check your local listings for show time in your area. In DC area it's 12noon on nbc4.

I went to Eastern Market again today. I did something that I always wanted to do...I captured the world through my eyes with my camara. Along with being a writer, I have dreamed of being a photographer. Nothing fancy... just allowing others to see through my eyes. Capturing touching moments, experimenting with the camara. I'll post some pics when I'm not too tired.

I saw again a local artist who paints "Spectacular!" pictures...vibrant colors. Feely pieces. Funky pieces. I will post her pic with contact information, website, etc. For now though, in case I have peeked your curiosity check her out at www.questskinner.com .

Me going to bed now...I'll get some pics up. Until then Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.