Monday, November 22, 2004

Busy

I was pretty busy today at work. I find that I am at my best when I am busy accomplishing something. I've written about having an idle mind...it doesn't work for me. I can find a million and one things to complain about when I'm not busy. There are times when I just like doing something, but that's not how it is at work. There is always something that I can do at work. The work doesn't stop. It's continuous...but I ofttimes take breaks. Well, today was a busy day and it felt good to be busy. I left work feeling that I had accomplished something. That's a good feeling.

We have one and a half days left in school before we break for Thanksgiving. A snow blizzard tonight would make a perfect ending to a good day but only if they closed school tomorrow. LOL

I don't think I can keep watching this Oprah Favorite Things Show. These teachers are getting mega, supa-dupa gifts...flat screen t.v., laptop, stuff, stuff, stuff....Teachers deserve it.

There should be major incentives given to teachers. If they can't make the money they deserve, companies should receive tax incentives to give teachers MAJOR discounts and freebies. If we made it worth their while, we probably wouldn't have a shortage of teachers.

I remember when teaching was a noble and revered profession. It was up there with being a doctor, lawyer or judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.