Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Black Ribbon... Campaign for Democracy

My original thought was to wear all black symbolic of mourning and grief...disappointment. But I can't afford to buy all black clothes right now (lol). Not in the budget! It would be my form of protest against Bush Administration policy, doctrine and tactics as well as to acknowledge the fact that I wanted our country to go in another direction. That didn't happen. That leaves me severely disappointed.

The Bush Administrations practice and politics is "you are either for
us, with us or against us". I do not agree with the current
administrations practices or policies. But I am still an American.
Being critical is not un-American, or Un-Democratic. you correct that
which you love and believe in. I agree with Kerry- American can do
BETTER.

The Black Ribbon symbolizes 1) my state of mourning and grief, 2) to
let the world know, including potential "so-called non-American
terrorists, that I didn't vote for Bush and I disagree with the way he
does business and how he represents OUR country. Their anger should
be directed at those responsible. But as Americans, we represent one
group of people- Americans. 3) Democracy is Allowed. Discourse is
allowed. Again, it is not un-American to expect and require that
America does BETTER. My voice and my vote counts.

I don't wanna dis-engage from the political process because Kerry did
not win the election. This is the time to be more involved and hold
our elected and selected representatives accountable for their
actions.

My voice matters...That's why I will be wearing my Black Ribbon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be wearing my Black Ribbon as well! I too am disappointed that 52% of all those who voted chose not to lead America out of the Dark Ages that the Bush Administration has led the country into.

I am Proud to be an American. The fundamentalist ideology of the Bush regime does not represent my beliefs and core values. I do not believe that the Bush Administration represents the high ideals and principles on which this country was founded.

So I will wear my black ribbon to show that "I AM AN AMERICAN...who..IN NO WAY IS AFFILIATED WITH THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION"

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.