Saturday, October 16, 2004

Humiliated...

For the first time yesterday, I was embarrassed in public by a woman i had seen before. She works at my dentists office, his wife, an unpleasant, unhappy seeming lady...at least the vibe I've picked up from her in the past. I felt so bad after the incident that I cried on the way home. An energy whirled inside my head that had to be released. If it had not have released itself in tears, i would have burst...If I was someone other than myself I would have had her head as a treat, bit in to it like a chocolate easter bunny with the hollow head. I had never been so humiliated in my life. I an lucky compared to what many others experience in life. Even still I felt less than human...I can't imagine how others feel...

I remembered one of don Miguel Ruiz's Four Agreements "Don't Take Anything Personally" but I held it close and it, the humiliation, the venom of her words became real. I felt it, and it hurt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm sorry that happened. I hope you handled in a way that isn't regretable later. Sometimes when people disrespect you, and you dont stick up for yourself you can come to regret your response.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.