Friday, December 14, 2012

Lessons, Ah-ha moments, Etc...This week...

"You cannot get blood from a turnip." This lesson is being reinforced. Stepping back, away allows me to see how I am functioning and interacting with myself as well as the world around me. People cannot give what they don't have. Neither can I!

I am learning to keep my expectations in check. I am learning that I can set standards for myself and hold myself accountable, but it doesn't serve me well to be rigid about ways of functioning and being that I set for myself. Once a line is drawn or a decree is made, changing my mind based on how I feel at that present moment is allowed. I may choose to do something one minute because that is what I feel is needed at that time. That moment in time is different from another moment in time. Why punish myself because I feel different and decide to act accordingly? I have a tendency to say, 'I'm going to...and I'm not going to blah, blah, blah any longer!' It's okay for me to change my mind. It's okay for others to change their minds.

Attraction is powerfull. Why are we attracted to the things or people that we are attracted to? Not just physical attraction, but all types of attraction. Why? What are we drawn to certain individuals, experiences, situations, ideas, interests? I haven't quite figured it out yet. I do not believe in co-incidence. I believe that all things happen for a reason.

Everything happens in its own time. You, I cannot rush things. Fruit grown out of season either doesn't grow or it doesn't taste as good as it would if grown in season. Situations, people need optimal conditions to flourish. Like the plant that grows under the earth, we can't always see what's happening on the inside, underground, but we have faith that what we plant will take root in optimal conditions. I can't plant seeds in hard, frosty ground...they just won't grow. The sun it needs...the temperature it needs...these are not optimal conditions for growth.

What are the optimal conditions for my growth? I need love. I need support. I need exercise. I need attention. I need inspiration. I need connection with other souls. I need music. I need time alone. I need God. I need Spirit. I need opportunities to expand my consciousness and to grown.

"Don't take anything personally." - Don Miguel Ruiz
I have created so much drama in my own head that it's not funny. I came from a family where silence was interpreted as rejection. I have seen this play out in my own life as an adult. I have done that...why? I think it's human nature. When we don't know we fill in the blanks and make up a story based on our subjective experience. I don't know why the default stories we tell ourselves is most times negative. I have to really work with myself to prevent this from happening. The truth is people probably aren't thinking about us. I Really have to work on this.

I need exercise. It is a wonderfull mood booster! I feel so much better when I exercise. I feel more confident. I feel more social. (I think naturally I'm a loner and an introvert.) Exercise has helped me tremendously....in so many ways. I was inspired by my cousin's posts about exercising on Facebook. I knew it was something that I should've been doing, but didn't take it as serious as I needed to...I never committed. Now I know that exercise is the BEST gift that I can give to myself. I feel open to spirit when I exercise regularly. And, why wouldn't I? If God dwells in me and all of us, why wouldn't God show up under optimal conditions? Exercise, physical exertion forces us to breathe deep. They say that Breathing is our connection to God.

Being in the moment. I'm learning that this is of the utmost importance for me. There is rarely anything thing for me to worry about. I tend to think and think and think sometimes, and this forces me out of the present since I am rarely observing and being a part of what is happening at the present moment when I'm thinking and thinking and thinking. I am taking time to meditate. I am practicing a few times throughout the week. The break, the moment to sit in silence is golden. I so need the pause.

This is what came through for me this week. I may add to it later if I remember something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.