Monday, December 10, 2012

...maybe I'm not connected with the feelings...I'm in hibernation, trying to heal these lungs. I know I need to rest. I need to change some things up...like going to bed earlier and actually getting a restful sleep.

Disconnecting...sometimes it's good and other times...not. I believe that any time spent in contemplation is time well spent. Being disconnected for too long isn't good for me. And some days I really just need to do nothing. I've been that way since I was a child. I need time to disengage. I absorb energies, emotions and, at times, I need to get my own energies and emotions straightened out. Wires get crossed...signals fade...my signal fades. What keeps the power station pumping? How do I keep the broadcast live? Time alone (period). I hate taking time off on work because I LOVE taking time off from work. It feels so good to be away from work that I wish that I didn't have to return. I guess most feel that way, huh?

I truly enjoyed watching OWN's Next Chapter with Kerry Washington, Shonda Rhimes, and Judy Smith. 3 bad sistahs! Three different sisters...there were a few things that stood out, resonated...Shonda said, and I heard it before,"When people show you who they are, believe them." Amen! Amen!

And then oprah's tweet..."@Oprah: Why could I weep? Because every free woman is the answer to a slave woman's prayers." I thought about that...I think about that. I think about being the first woman in my family of women ....great grandma, grandma, etc to go to college bachelors and then a masters degree, and the 2nd in the family... People were surviving...trying to hold on to their lives and the lives of their children...I know the ancestors had faith that one day we'd all be free. We are their dream! We have to keep making them proud...we take steps forward and backward, but we are further along than we were...in some cases further than yesterday!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.