Friday, December 14, 2012

Detachment

I am enjoying detachment and freedom from being tied to outcomes...results. I can shut myself down...stop myself from doing something before I do it because I've thought about the possible outcome... I've killed, aborted dreams before they have had an opportunity to materialize just from thinking negatively about the possibility of their not materializing or being accepted by others. Detachment has allowed me to act without thinking about the outcome. It has allowed me to just be in the moment of acting. This is not to say that I do not think of consequences for my actions. I am having faith that it is okay to be me...to act how I act, talk like I talk...It's okay to be authentic without fear of being rejected by others. That's what it all boils down to ...Rejecting self and projecting that out into the world. What about accepting self and projecting that out into the world? I'm working on that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.