Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Self-Examination

I am taking a closer look at my need to offer unsolicited advice to others. I don't do it with everyone, and it is not always done on purpose meaning I am not always aware of it immediately. But I am usually aware soon after... I hate to think that I have license to comment on another's life when they didn't ask me to. I want to understand why I do it, and what I get out of it? What gives me the right? What makes me think/feel that I have the right? Maybe it's habit... in my job I am expected to give input. Tell others what I think about this or that. They pay me well to do that... But I want to turn it off and NOT do that with friends. It's a delicate balance. If you feel that information you have is helpfull, you want to share... but if the other person doesn't ask you for your opinion, should you keep your mouth shut? I'm thinking this over because I noticed that I don't like the feeling I have after doing it. That's more than a clue to me... It's something I need to look at and I will, I am.

SOmetimes before I know it my mouth is open...my lips are flapping...fingers tapping keys. But I don't like it. I'm sure I'll speak/chat about this more in some way, form or fashion.

I'm asking the Universe for guidance on this... I don't want to be impulsive and speak as a reaction. How do you balance sharing information with loved ones with allowing them the freedome to inviting you in? I want to understand that better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.