Saturday, December 31, 2005

I Wish

I wish there was
something I could say
something I could do
to make everything better...okay

I wish there was
a way
a will
a word
a wand...
fairy dust even that I could sprinkle
before your footsteps

I wish I held
the key
the code
the recipe
the potion
I'd brew batches of Freedome, Peace of Mind, and Solace

I wish I was a new-aged superhero
that patrolled the world of emotions
Every time the sadness phone rang
I'd dispatch all of my angels
to comfort you
to lay with you
to nurse you back to yourself
back to wholeness

I wish that my wishes would
that my wishes could
contain the power
the faith
that was contained in the mustard seed
the kind of mustard seed that grew back in the biblical days

I wish...

© 2005 Blackgold347

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.