Friday, December 09, 2005

Thoughts Before Bed

I saw a picture tonight...a still image of a face that makes me want to draw again.
The shades, the shadows, the way they blend, light and dark...
I want to pick up charcoal or a pencil and recreate what I saw.
Maybe tomorrow if I go back to it, the urge will be the same.
The day has been long. My body is tired. My eyes fatigued and my eyelids, broke.

There is a strange place that I'm traveling to. I am early enough in my journey that I can change courses without losing to much time in reaching my final destination. It's never too late to turn around. Never too late.

For now, I'll rest and contemplate me at my best. There is so much to give, so much to receive. It's going to rain on me. It's raining and I feel like dancing myself into a trance until I'm exhausted. Until I'm exhausted.
I'm exhausted now,
and I still want to dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.