Thursday, December 08, 2005

Mind Travel

I keep peeking out of the window
to see if anyone is there.
I go to the door
move the curtain to the side,
press my nose
to the glass
and breathe...sigh
no one is there
SOmetimes when I check
I see children playing games in the street.
They seem so happy
I wish that I could partake
but it's much to late...in life
for me.
I liked bouncing in the street
walking hugged up with my friends
not a care in the world...
just "who's it?"
Now I'm tagged...
not hit by my friends, but titled
labeled...nothing bad
just different, which doesn't get you pay'ed
anything but attention~
Today I thought I heard a knock,
a rap on the door...
I peeked
moved the curtain covering the window,
clicked the button
and instead of seeing children
I heard
"You've Got Mail!"
no one was at the door
but I had a visitor
via virtual mail~
Communion across wires and waves
fields of light
fiber optics
life transmitted in light
who knew the delivery would be so sweet?
I find it fancy that I send myself
to you daily at the speed of light
I didn't know I could fly so high,
until I spoke to you on top of mount everest
ever so faithfull is this need
ever so steady is my will
to grow and know me in you,
you in me
Shall I gather all of my loves
and kiss them each
one by one
at sunset?
We can stay there where ever you are until
you tell me all of my secrets...
tell me...this is a test...
can you remember reading the book of my heart?
you opened it as I shed tears on the bank where two rivers met
the night we danced in the middle of the east
remember we were dressed in love
nothing else, naked, stripped down...
just light...and vulnerable to only disbelief in magic
and miracles...
love


(...writing again ...traveling again)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.