Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Poetry Tonight

I don't have much to say...I just didn't want the most recent blog post to be about illness and destroyed families.

I'd much rather write/post something airy, springy, lovely, spicey, or funny.

My goodness... i wish that I could write poetry, but I can't access that voice, that place that it flows from.

Maybe my poetry tonight is going to bed early, praying, drinking my tea, and falling off to sleep without fear of falling from the sky.

Maybe my poetry will be not thinking of tomorrow or earlier today... just finding the way to stay focused on now.

Maybe my poetry will be conjuring up the essence of loved ones so that they all surround me,
and smile at me as I drift off to sleep.

Maybe my poetry tonight will be going to that place within where peace and contentment await me... know, instead of wondering

Holding hands instead of folding my arms

Maybe my poetry will be words, but deeds and doings tonight...

Maybe I'll project astral I-Love-You's to every heart connected to mine
Maybe we can get in-syn-chronized and aligned...
tune in to the thoughts in my head,
the longings in my heart...
One Day I will reach that place
maybe my poetry tonight is
realizing I'm already there.
~~~
this is a start

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.