Thursday, December 08, 2005

We are eagerly waiting for the snow to arrive. The DC metropolitan area has a Winter Storm Warning in effect until noon time tomorrow. We like snowy days because they get us, school system employees, days off from work when school is closed for students.

I need a rest tomorrow. I need to turn my brain off from work a day sooner.

I can't believe that we are already at Friday (tomorrow). The days, the time goes by so quickly. It seems like Sunday was just yesterday. Why does time seem to be accelerated? They say that the earth is spinning a little faster following the earthquake/tsunami last December.

While I want snow tonight and tomorrow, I'd also like to travel back to Miami. I enjoyed Miami over the summer. I enjoyed Mango's in South Beach. The energy in the club was fun, exciting and stimulating. The dancers....the dancers... I miss dancing. I need to do more dancing. There's something hypnotic about dancing. It releases so much energy. I'd like to dance and dance and dance and let go like the men and women, priest and priestesses did in Ghana. They danced until the gods took hold of their feet and bodies. They danced until they danced the dance of the spirits that possessed them. The energy was high! What is it about African people, people of African descent and the drum and the dance? The Kybalion says that everything manifests motion, movement. We are never still/stagnant unless energy and spirit no longer dwells in us. No matter how still we are, we are still moving. They only appear still to our eyes...
Rhythm and movement require more study on my part. There is something more to it that I want to understand. Something more I want to know about them.

Miami... I miss the summer sun. Summer brings the feeling of being so alive that I can fly with no wings. But it's winter now...it's my time of introspection. I still wouldn't mind making my way to Miami to sneak a little more sun.

There is so much going on in the world. I want to say prayers for the Earth. I want to say prayers for the hearts of woman and man. We must make the world a better place. As we get more and more advanced in our technologies we become more and more disconnected from each other. Rat race has become the norm and quiet, serene living isn't where it's at. We need more external stimulation, but that's not what I want for me, myself or my children. I have to exercise what I've been given...dominion over myself, my sphere, my world.

Life is too short to be unhappy. It's too short not to feel joy and true, free love.

Let's study love...

I've heard all day that John Lennon made his transition 25 years ago today, and in the background of my mind I hear "Imagine" playing.

Can you Imagine? I can...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.