Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Something keeps me tied to the past
I wish that I could simply cut the strings
that tie me to those days
I am sure that in time that will happen
but now I'm trying to force it
and I shouldn't

I just need to release some thoughts...
I am balancing my own need with my disappointment
that others aren't what I need them to be...that's selfish
but it's the honest to God truth
I'm tied to it because emotionally
I'm still attached, I still have expectations and until
I relinquish my expectations of you and accept you
for who you are
I will continue to be tied to you
what need do I have that I wanted you to meet?
why else would I be re-acting?
I could deny it all,
but that's too easy
I'd rather heal it
correct it
and remove any blockages
that blocks the flow...
Some say that we shouldn't have expectations of others,
but that's not true
We expect others to keep their agreements,
honor their commitments
...but when I think about it, we've never made any

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.