Sunday, November 20, 2005

I miss writing poetry. I haven't written any in a while. I guess it's not good to force anything. It comes when it comes. There is something brewing inside though...There is a poem. There is a masterpiece. A master peace...I have old faithfull on... playing in the background as I type. Who...what is old faithfull? Old faithfull is Prince. The Sign o' the Times movie is saved on my dvr. Everytime I need to reconnect with a certain part of myself I play the Purple One.

Self-recovery, I guess. "O-wee-o, ooohh-o!"

There are many days where I feel like I need to recover something. Life, my life is frequently changing despite the appearance that things seem to be the same. It's hard to stay caught up with myself with all the newness that comes with being willing to change your mind. Giving up the old and embracing the new...even if it's the new me.

I am now listening to Papillon by Meshell Ndegeocello presents the Spirit Music Jamia. I love this album Dance of the Infidels. Papillon is one of the most beautifull songs I've heard. I also love Aquarium and Dance of the Infidels. The saxophone screams in that song. The emotion that comes through is amazing. I often like to write to Meshell Ndegeocello's music. A lot came through when writing to the Comfort Woman CD. Dance of the Infidel is...I don't know the words. One day I will write to it. Right now as I try it's just a ball of emotion that wants to express itself as such. That song makes me want to cry. It's that powerfull to me. When the horns start screaming...it mimics times that I felt so confused or frustrated, wanting to scream because the words are trapped in my throat, blocked....caught in the massive ball of energy trying to release itself.

When writing to music, it's like channelling... whatever resonates with you in the music comes out. It's like creating a new life. Joining with the life force/essence of another to birth a new entity. There aren't many musicians that I can write to. Meshell Ndegeocello is defintely one that I can write to.

I really want to write...but for some reason I can't reach that place. I can't tap it yet. Maybe there's to much going on around me. Maybe I haven't tuned in to listen to the voice. Maybe I should turn off the television where I can still hear a little bit of Prince sing "U got the Look" in the background. But hold on...If I was Your Girlfriend is about to come on. Be Right back...

Okay...I was in high school when Sign o' the Times came out. I've said it before...Prince wrote the soundtrack to my life. Of course, there are other songs/artist, but hands down (or up) he's my constant.

I'm rambling... free writing....whatever pops into the dome finds a home in this post. We'll almost everything. Let me start another and see if i can pen/type what my souls wishes to speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.