Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunday Free Flowing Thoughts

Can't remember when I jumped on this band wagon...Can't remember when I jumped off.
Can't understand what all the hoop-la is about when the thing or person you worship doesn't worship you in return. How can you be king or queen with no dominion to rule over your self? How is it that with you I can't be the star of my own show? When you stepped on the scene your coming was purposefull. Now, what? Move on... I love the song by Soul II Soul that says "Keep on moving. Don't stop like the hands of time. Click Clock. Find your own way to stay. The time will come one day. Why do people choose to live their lives this way?"

You are the star of your own show. You are the center of the universe of you. We are constellations surrounding the other... interacting, touching at times, influencing each other. Never let anyone make you feel otherwise.

There are no either or's. This or that... except at the moment when you believe that only one thing can occupy a space, a choice...Weakness doesn't exist without strength. You are no either strong or weak, you are both, you are all and every gradation between and beyond.

When you realize that your spirit can soar and plummet just like mine you realize how connected we are. There is no one superstar, no one super nova, no one good girl, no one bad boy...no group or people have a monopoly on anything. You are it. You are all. We are all. Why show me only your best foot when I know you have a bad foot too? Controlling anything including the image we project to others takes so much energy that could be better spent elsewhere.

Everything has purpose. There are no mistakes. Mistake is an interpretation.

I used to "think" that I knew everything. That I was wise beyond my years for one my age, but that was all in my head...thoughts, perceptions... I intellectualized just about everything and didn't realize until much later that I cut off my feeling dimension. I knew what to say, but had less experience with feeling. I had become numb at an early age. A survival tactic I perfected while living in a home where violence was commonplace. Wisdom comes with living, being, time, experience. It was lip service at an early age. Wisdom un-experienced, un-applied is theory. I learned that. I am learning that.

The absence of a thing doesn't denote mastery. What am I saying? Who demonstrates more mastery in a situation? The man who has never tried crack, but professes strength, or the man who relapsed three times in five years?

Be very mindfull who who what you make your gods. Realize when you've given your power away to something else. Always know you can recover you power, your strength. Weakness is an illusion, an interpretation. So is strength. Cause and effect is a universal law. If you don't like the effect check the cause. If you don't like the cause, check the effect.

You already have the answers to your questions. Be still. Stop saying you don't know and listen to your gut. Others only provide reminders, opportunities to jump start your memory (including memories you are not conscious of anymore).

Be as great as you are! If you didn't know, now you know! Be respectfull. Command respect. Be loving. Don't use others. Don't let others use you. Make all your exchanges meaningfull. You are interacting with gods and goddesses. We can create heaven on earth, but we must stop reacting and purposefully create the reality of our lives.

If you keep hearing the same thing about yourself, positive or negative, whatever it is...examine it. Look at it more closely.

Most importantly, LIVE! Go out and live. Interact with real people. Learn about, remember who you are, get introduced to the you that you never knew before this person or that person came into your life to make it manifest.

YOU WILL KNOW THEM BY THEIR FRUITS, NOT THEIR WORDS. Look at their fruits. Look at your fruits. Their manifestations. Your manifestations.

I am so Thankfull for the people in my life who love, nurture and sustain me. I am also thankfull for those who appear to be the opposite of those who love, nurture and sustain me. I am thankfull for those who respect and love others in their actions not because they must but because it's correct action. It promote love, self-worth and dignity in self and others. I am thankfull for my brothers and sisters who are on the forefront of liberating the African mind and spirit. The chains and images of psychological slavery are real. Each day we must be vigilant in our efforts to protect, nurture and free our minds, our bodies, our spirits.

Many of our children and we adults are caught in the glitz and glamour of show business. We do not realize that the images that are project are manufactured like particle board. MAN-U-FACTURED...Man made. Man created. The art, the business, the psychology of selling and image so that you can part with your money and your soul..., but mainly your money IS big business.

Yesterday, I told my 17 year old nephew to always be mindfull of making "emotional purchases". When you feel as though you HAVE to have something, take a step back and always be willing to walk away from a purchase. So many of us are unhappy marketing and consumerism capitalizes on that unhappiness. And we believe that we will be happy if we had this thing or that thing. Believe me, the fix is temporary. Band-aids do little for broken legs, hearts and spirits. Over the counter and street medications/drugs only treat the symptoms. They do not provide the cure. Medicine is a business. Healing is a calling... As a social worker, helper, healer, I do not foster dependence on myself, although, some do. That has never been something I wanted to do. Yes, I have wanted to escape too, and sometimes I do. I have spent money that I didn't have and wasn't happy about paying back. But I am less inclined to do so when I examine what I am trying to accomplish. My needs rarely exceed the basics...food, air, water, clothing to stay warm, love... My choices need to reflect what bring and creates a healthy body and mind. We often spend our money on things that take away from our health. Why? We believe that our cell phones are a necessity these days. Why? I felt much better psychologically without one. We confuse convenience with necessity. Or, is it another illusion we've literally bought into?

Consciousness. Study the word consciousness.

Peace, Love, and all theLight and vitamin D your heart, mind and body can receive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Sis, this exchange is/was definitely meaningful. :)

CG

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.