Monday, May 23, 2005

Thinking In Absolutes
Thinking in absolutes limits us. The dichotomous thinking that many of us are plagued with prevents us from seeing all the colors of the spectrum. It prevents us from fully living and relating to others. Our eyes only see blacks and whites. We don't see any greens or blues or yellows or reds or pinks. Life isn't Either/Or. It's Both/And. For some it's like see it "my way or the highway". So often we speak of thinking outside of the box while we are constantly talking ourselves right back into the box.

Compliments
Give them. Tell someone something nice about themselves. It doesn't have to be major, but it should be genuine. So often we think nice things about people but we hold it and keep it to ourselves. Sometimes a compliment makes all the difference in the world. Children and Adults shine when they are complimented. If we all held back our compliments, we'd never hear anything good about ourselves. Don't assume that people know that they look nice, or are good at this or that. Sometimes the exterior is a front to cover what's really going on on the inside. We can look all put together on the outside but feel broken on the inside. Let's be as quick in our compliments as we are in our criticisms.

Telling The Truth
Make it a practice to never lie to yourself. Even if you don't share that truth with others, acknowledge it to yourself.

Habits
What are your habits? Are you acting consciously or unconsciously? Notice your habits and decide if you want to keep them or not. If you want to break a habit, start by believing that you have the power to do so And then work on it one day at a time. I've broken a few habits in my short life. I used to bite my finger nails down to nubbs. I bit them things so much my fingers hurt. When I decided to stop i would catch myself with my fingers in my mouth. I wasn't even conscious of it until my teeth were wrapped around my nails. Eventually it got to the point where I noticed when my hand was approaching my mouth and I'd stop there. I became more and more conscious of it until I no longer did it. We often act without thinking in minor and major ways. Think about your habits... How will we have dominion over the Earth and we don't have dominion over ourselves?

Laugh
...and Have fun, but not at the expense of others.

Be Blessed! Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.