Saturday, May 21, 2005

The Dark Side

I just returned from seeing the new release of Star Wars. While I will not give anything away about the movie, I've been thinking about the "dark side". I believe that we are diunital...a union of opposites (Dr. Edwin Nichols, 1976, 1987). I believe that we all have a dark side, but we don't necessarily use it as our base of operations. I want to think more about my dark side and the characteristics that make it what it is. There are parts of myself that I am not so fond of. I don't hate those parts because I would be hating me, and if I am a union of opposites,...well that would be confusing. I want to be congruent in the messages I send myself. There's enough confusion to filter out and even more to block from entering the mind-field.

What is the dark side? Yoda says, "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Think about that. Think about what you are afraid of. Think of all of your daily thoughts that promote fear. How many of us live in fear each day?
How many of us speak out of a fear that we aren't even aware of? When we think about it, we don't have to look very far to find a situation where we spoke and/or acted to protect ourselves from others who may OR may not have been trying to hurt us. Perception is key.

Has the United States crossed over to the dark side? It seems that we have. Is President Bush and the machine that drives him Lord Vadar? I'm just writing the free thoughts as they flow...

Think about your "dark side". Is that the base of your operations today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.