Friday, May 13, 2005

It's been a while

It seems like it's been way too long since I last blogged. I have been so busy, busy, busy. Time has been going...passing me so fast that I'm not sure what to make of it. Does time seem to be flying by because I'm busy Being and not as aware of the passing moments? My friend commented last week that there seems to some type of time acceleration going on. I can't help but wonder if that is in fact the case and what it means for us. I still haven't had the opportunity to look at one of my new books that might explain the phenomenon.

I've been thinking, well actually dreaming, about people that I've met and gotten to know in varying degrees over the past year and a half. I think a part of me misses them or some aspect of our interaction. People and friendships seem to come and go like phases of the moon. I don't curse the moon for having phases because the moon is consistent in it's phases. So are people. We have our rhythms and movements. I've learned so much even from the briefest of encounters. I'm learning to trust the unique rhythm each relationship has and offers to us. There is always the tendency to want to hold on to some people. Why? I'm not sure because the ones you try to hold on to the hardest seem to elude our grip. Maybe we need to learn to approach relationships from a place of fullness and wholeness. I never realize that I'm not feeling whole until I find myself acting less than whole. I have noticed that I act less than whole when I approach with a posture that I interpret as "they have something for me emotionally that I don't have for myself". Are we aware of what we are getting from others, or what we feel that we need to get from others? My feelings baffle me sometimes. Sometimes I don't make any sense to myself, but I'm okay with that. The best thing that I can do for myself is to not judge it and love it...Love me in all my quirkiness.

Between working hard, resting when I can and sleeping, I've been thinking about parts of myself that I want to work on/with. I really need to increase my level of physical activity. That has to happen really soon. I feel a little thicker. My mom says I look great. She says I look healthy, which she's always happy to see. I did something over the last few weeks that I don't normally do and that's eat Popeye's biscuits. It came with the Naked chicken strip that was really easy to grab between meetings and appointments at work. I feel like the biscuits re-formed inside my belly. My sister-friend would tell me to shut up because I'm not fat. I can feel the difference though. I can be and live healthier. If I wasn't anemic I would fast. That seems to help me refocus my eating habits and tendencies.

I am really feeling the need to write something for parents with daughters. I have been counseling adolescent girls a lot over the last couple of weeks. They are at such an ackward age and stage in life. Not yet women and not quite "girls". Few are being guided during this pivotal time in life. I am very afraid that as they search for the love and attention they once received as little girls they will seek love and acceptance from those who will show them through sex. I'm not sure who told me this...maybe my mentor, but the saying is "Boys/males use love to get sex and girls/females use sex to get love." This rings true. Teens often disengage from family, but only because they are allowed to do so. If there is a young person (male or female) in your life/family, please make a point of checking in with them. Make yourself available for the talks that need to take place. Initiate the talks with them. Raise the subjects that are not so easy to talk about. Don't wait for them.

Okay, I need to chill. Have a good weekend everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.