Thursday, May 26, 2005

It's one of those days/night where I wish that words poured out of me. But I don't know where they are hiding. maybe I'm blocking myself because there is something that I want to say, but it's not convenient to say, or maybe it's not convenient for me to let someone else hear me/see me say it.

There is always something on my mind. No, not a worry, but always something that's being contemplated. Sometimes I get a thought and chew on it the dogs do the plastic bones from the pet store. It doesn't have to be anything serious or major. It can be the thought of a person, or the thought of what I should have said when I was in this or that situation.

Life can be so wild sometimes, but we are expected to be so tamed. What if we broadcast on our foreheads what was actually going on in our minds? Would people be shocked or horrified at your thoughts? Sometimes I feel like a race horse is contained in my body. That feeling always lets me know that I have a lot of energy, and I need to so something with it. Sometimes it's cool just to be still and chill out. I find that hard sometimes. I seem to think that I'm missing out on something if I don't keep moving. I was the type of child that couldn't take a nap. I could never settle down long enough to get sleepy. I've only had a few naps as an adult. My sister and cousin would say, "I'm taking a nap", and actually do it. I couldn't do that. I always envied them for that. Like now...It's after 12 midnight and I'm too wired to go to bed.

I got in late because of class after work and hanging out with a girlfriend that needed to vent. It feels good being there for another person especially when you know they will and have done the same for you. You just know that that's what the person needs and you are there for them.

It's really important to be a friend to others. Every significant relationship has friendship at it's corner stone. Longevity, consistency...those things are important. Both require time. While instant friendship tastes good at the time, it's often short lived. I want friendships that are like fine wines...they get better as they age. It's hard to be spread out among so many palates. You hope that the wine can impress all who consume it in the same way. But it never does...Those who like, like. Those who don't, don't. You just hope that those who like keep coming back.

Be what you want to get out of your experiences. If you want friendship, be a friend.

Why are some people drawn to each other? Some times there is no immediate answer to that question. I don't know why some have impressed me the way that they do. Some people are like magnets, drawing everything and everyone near to them. Well, we are all pulling something to us, but we often don't realize that we pull and attract these things to us. Maybe we asked for it and forgot about what we asked for because we were off and running toward the next thing.

What am I running from? What am I running towards? Why do I feel like I'm standing still? Have you noticed that life seems perfect when we are in love? What if we could hold that feeling, not necessarily towards another person, but what if we could hold that feeling of bliss all the time? I sure would like to try.

I like green beans with hot sauce...they make life spicy. I haven't had any in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.