Sunday, May 01, 2005

Expectation

The weekend flew by just as fast the as week. I wish that I could have rested a little more esp. yesterday when it was raining. Today the weather was beautifull. I'm counting down the number of days left until the end of the school year. I know the students are too. We have so much work to do. I need to keep scheduling appointments so that I can get finished with these reports. I look forward to having -0-, zero, none, no reports left to schedule or type.

I am looking forward to reading something new and interesting. I am also looking forward to hanging out again soon. My sistah-friend and I went to Jill Scott's booksigning in DC on Friday. We were a little disappointed. But that's on us for expecting anything. It's the first time that we've attended a book signing and the author didn't personalize, write our names in, the book. I thought that was the whole purpose, but I guess it wasn't. What did I learn? There can be a lot of space between our expectations of people, places, and things and what is...the way things actually are.

I've heard and used the statement- You get what you expect. That's not always evident though. Maybe it's because we don't know what we expect and we only register the disappoint. Like we can often say what we don't want, but not what we want. It happens all the time with simple things like -what are we gonna eat? SOmeone suggests something and we say, no, I don't want that. We can't say what we want though. I want to be more aware of what I want and need. It will help me be clearer about what I need to do, where I need to go to get it. Meditation will help me realize what's already there/here. Quiet time is what I can use right now.
Quiet time.
I'm going to bed. Sweet dreams...that's what I expect tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.