Monday, April 25, 2005

Today

I had my mid year evaluation today. I was pretty good. I received exceeds expectations in several areas, which I didn't expect. The whole meeting lasted about 10 minutes. The senior worker who provided the evaluation encouraged me to apply for a senior worker position. While I am flattered that she sees that i am capable of doing the job, I don't really want more responsibility right now. Her recommendation and encouraging words came at a time when I needed to hear them. I've been thinking about leaving the profession, take a break for a little while. But I felt somewhat renewed after meeting with a student I really jived with and having my mid year evaluation. I've been seeing students more since I started clinical supervision. Seeing students makes the job much more enjoyable. While reports are important, I much prefer to work one on one with students. That's where I can drop seeds of hope and love. I just wish I had more time to see them.

I know I am capable of doing a lot. It feels good for others to see the good in you. I want to give genuine compliments to people. You never know how it will impact another. It may be the positive seed they need to get them over a hump or out of a slump. (P-funk lyric- "I got to get over the hump, we got to get over the hump" I am loving this P-Funk again and again! "when the syndrome is around don't let your guard down- all you've got to do is call on the funk" Endangered Species...) Okay, let me get refocused. But I have to say that I love Parliament Funkadelic. There needs to be a documentary on George Clinton and P-Funk if it hasn't been done yet.

Okay...I forgot what I was talking about but this should sum it up- "Everybody's got a little light under the sun"...under the sun...under the sun...the sun...sun.

Go shine your light! I'm going to mess wit' my drums.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.