Wednesday, April 06, 2005

And Then...

And then came the rains

The "raining cats and dogs"

kinda rain.

It rained for weeks it seemed,

but it was only an hour.

Still hot from the sunny inferno

that was earlier our day,

steam lifted itself from the asphalt.

Normally I'm lulled to sleep

by the sound of big, sloppy and full raindrops

that pour from the heavens

in their mad dash to touch Mother's

and mine and our creations again.

Not this time...

this time I sat on the floor

with my back hugging the wall.

With book in hand

I reconnected with ancestors again.

Returning from a day dream,

or maybe it was crossing over parallel lines

that separated universes,

I tried to remember the difference

between a dream and reality.

And then the whisper came

saying

they are one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.