Monday, February 21, 2005

Passion

I think I've written about passion here before, but for some reason I wanted to revisit the topic. It's sad that many of us live passionless lives. What is passion to me? Passion is an energy that puts you in touch with every sense...all of the information pathways are open and alive beginning with the mind. Passion's pathways are touch, smell, sound, taste, visual and spirit. Have you ever had an experience that you could only interpret through the spirit? It defied all manner of previous experience and modes of sensory input. You felt it, you knew it- not only by anything thing you've heard, touched, smelled, tasted or saw, but by that inner knowing...you don't know how or why, it just is and you never know it is for sure until you've exhausted every possible rational explanation.

Today I wonder- what does it mean...when we are touched by something or someone and there is no explanation as to why we've been touched so deeply. Instead of forcing an explanation today, I will not put any pressure on myself to know or understand the unknowable...I'll just keep moving, not busily- maybe I should say BE...I'll just BE in the moment and every moment that comes. It's only through being present that we feel passion. Passion is the fuel, the energy of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.