Saturday, February 12, 2005

Dreams

During my 2nd leg of the sleep tour this morning, I almost woke up in tears. There were some emotional things going on in it. It didn't make a lot of sense...it was a dream. In one scene I had a baby lying on my chest and we sang together. Sweet songs that touch me. Yes, a little baby that could talk and sing. A baby but not really a baby. I felt warm and content inside. In another scene, I was singing to Jamie Foxx...kinda thinking of his acceptance speech at the Golden Globes, but we also sang...Stevie Wonder's "All I Do" and we both looked as if we were going to cry. I woke almost instantly feeling like I wanted to or needed to cry. I'm not sad that I'm "consciously" aware of, but I don't have to peel back too many layers to tap that place/space inside me. It was something about the song, "All I do is think about you..."

There is some unfinished business with the people that have been on my mind of late, I guess. All of my dreams during the 2nd leg of the sleep tour this morning felt special emotionally. I know that I'm always working things out on so many levels day and night. The latest felt a cleansing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.