Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Something Just doesn't feel right

I get this feeling that something went down on the land that my Tuesday school resides. I have had three schools in this area of Centreville, Virginia. The assignment I have this year is VERY easy. There are no problems at the school. I have every resource I need to do my job. But there is something about this area of Virginia that weighs heavy on me. It doesn't feel good...it doesn't feel right. For some reason I feel bad when I am there. Not physically, but emotionally. If I keep moving I am fine because I don't think about it. But each year I have had a school out there since fall 2002. It gets worse, this feeling gets worse. Yesterday I remembered that I, this school resides in the area of battle grounds from the civil war. Bull Run is near, around the corner, and I just found a website about the Sully Plantation... My school my school is on a road named for that plantation. I know that I am sensitive to energies of people, places, etc. There is something to this. I am not lying...I feel oppressed at the school. That's the word that characterizes the energy, the weight I feel while there. Another piece to this is that the handFULL of African Americans that work closely with me, we don't get along. There is no reason for that. I am wondering if on some level we are reacting to the energy that rests in the land. I will continue to research this location.

I will need to perform a ritual, maybe libation/prayer, etc. to neutralize the effects the location has on me. If anyone has any info via research, please let me know what u come up with.





Slave quarters at Sully Plantation...a mile or two from my school.

2 Comments:

Blogger HOLISTIC LOCS said...

It really does sound like the energy of the area is heavily weighed down with bad energy -the stones and earth has an amzing way of storing the past and its good/bad.

I hope you don't mind if I share a short story...
I was working in an area in London, where I knew had a bad energy to it. It really bugged me for months -it even came to the point where I didn't like to go in the place. I felt 'ill'. So, I decided it was time to do some serious cleansing to the room I was in, to 'protect' my energy from being drained -- A few things that helped: Wearing a rose quatrz, arriving early before others to meditate and release healing essential oils in the air (oil burning - lavendar, peppermint, sandlewood essential oils are very powerful). I would also make a spritz of water/essential oils to spray so the smell wouldn't be too strong for the over sensitive co-workers. I put a cactus in the space of work. And waited for results.

In time, my energies were no longer drained --
Its hard to change the external, but maybe thats a good thing ... We can then strengthen the internal.

Just a thought.
~peace and blessings~

6:21 AM  
Blogger Blackgold said...

Thank U for that information. Please feel free to share a short story anytime U feel moved to do so. I have rose quartz in my bag with me. I will clear it and put it in my pocket. The essential oil spritz is a wonderFULL idea. In fact, I need to do more with the space so it doesn't feel so sterile and feels more like me.

Thanks Holistic Locs :)

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.