Sunday, August 25, 2013

Last Week of August 2013

We are approaching our last week of August 2013. It always signals the last days of summer. Yet, with the changing weather patterns it seems that summer never ends until maybe December. We used to be able to count on the seasons... Summer to be hot, Fall to be cool, Winter to be freezing, and Spring to be warm... And while we still have seasons of change, I don't know exactly what they will bring. I used to know...or at least I thought I knew... Now, I know nothing. And for some weird reason I'm completely okay with that. It keeps the mystery going... keeps it exciting. For I remember well the days of predictability, sameness and staleness... I thought I was gonna die... And parts of me did... as I thought my sameness would keep me safe, secure. Routine has its place... the graveyard. 


Just kidding!

Routine does have its place... It's just not where the action is... When looking for action and excitement... Skip the routine, ho-hum, doldrums of routine! Life be at the corner of Unknown Street and I'm Scared But I'm Gonna Do It Anyway Avenue... I'll meet you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.