Tuesday, June 11, 2013

We are free
Free
free
and the only limitations
are the limitations
we place on
ourselves

I would love to proclaim
that I will never limit
me
myself
I

But I know that some days
I look for the security of
the prison
I built just for me...
I need those walls
touching my back
I need the reminder
to wake up
eat
come here
go back...

The soaring spirit
scares me...
because from day to day
I know not
where I go...
where I be
Who I will be...
or what I will say
feel
do...

And who can take this honesty
this rawness
the fever burns me
drains me
this fever of life...
but don't get me wrong
I love them both
freedom
and confinement
I love them both
on different days
in different ways
for what they
offer
this wayward soul
 (c) blackgold347

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.