Friday, August 23, 2013

It is tough to write from one's heart when there is thought, concern, or fear of speaking one's truth. One of my favorite quotes is from a fictional character from Star Wars the movie... The character is the great "Yoda." Yoda says, "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." There is no space in between... either we do or we "do not." I mean, I can try this halfway "do" thing but it's a watered down version of what I really want to say. I take baby steps. Where I am today, I wouldn't have predicted a year ago. Change is incremental. We take little steps, and some days I run. Forward moving always.

I do know that I need some inspiration... Something, someone to vibe off of and with. I try to generate it within... A photograph can be my muse. A song... Just depends on what it communicates to me, and the conversation me and that thing can generate/have at the time.Conversations...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.