Saturday, December 22, 2012

I'm thinking about love, taking risks, and putting myself "out there," so to speak. I was watching YouTube videos and came across a quote that says,

"Love is the experience we humans have when we open our heart enough so that the flow of God, or Spirit, can pass through our heart. That's what's happening when we feel love." -Michael Singer...

I spoke with a sister-friend today and she talked to me about how she's been crying a lot lately. She said, "I think I grieving my life. The life I didn't have. I wanted to be a mom. I wanted to be married...the life I dreamed of as a child, I don't have." It was sad to hear, sad to know, and sad to feel the hopelessness in her voice. I kept thinking to myself, "But, this is what you chose, and you can have a child and a husband." I told her eventually and she kicked in with the, "yeah, but..." I just listened because that's what was needed...but my thoughts continued.

This is the world according to me...Love is a choice. We choose the lives we want and whether we have love in our lives. Fear will always creep in when we embark on new things, scary things...the unfamiliar can be scary as hell. Putting yourself out there to love, to share yourself with another is scary. It doesn't matter if it is a romantic relationship, friendship, a new venture professional or personal, you expose yourself, become naked, without defense, to show your weaknesses, your strengths, your quirks, your annoying ways...once you decide to be who you authentically are you are going to get scared, fear will show up, but don't retreat. instead, push through the fear. Many of us from time to time (or permanently) have chosen no to feel nothing, to be numb....I know that place well and choose not to ever invite numbness in again. Some have chosen to do nothing, and the result is the same...numbness, no joy, no excitement, playing it safe. i speak from experience... Life is meant to be lived. In order to experience life and all the joys, we risk and we will feel pain. Our hearts will be broken. we will be rejected or turned down...Accept it, and know that you have the capacity to deal with it, survive, and heal. Once you've healed enough, throw yourself back into life again. Don't keep numbing and dulling feelings. You can't receive love with a closed heart. The book A Course In Miracles says that there are only two emotions, Love and Fear... Love is expansive. Fear is limiting. Love heals. Fear kills. Commit to loving yourself...when you love something you want to take care of it, protect it, nurture it. You want what is best for it even when you are not it. Love is freedom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.