Tuesday, April 25, 2006

newsobserver.com | Dancer gives details of ordeal

newsobserver.com | Dancer gives details of ordeal: "A hurt that would last

'My father came to see me in the hospital,' she said. 'I knew if I didn't report it that he would have that hurt forever, knowing that someone hurt his baby and got away with it.'

Jason Bissey, who was on his porch next door during the party, saw the victim that night. He said Friday that he wishes he had called police at the first sign something was wrong.

He saw at least 30 men go into the white three-bedroom house, which Duke officials say is rented by three lacrosse team captains.

Bissey saw two women arrive and, after they were in the house 20 minutes, come out. As they got into a car, men shouted, Bissey said.

'Some of them were saying things like, 'I want my money back,' ' Bissey said.

He recalled the racially charged statements at least one man was yelling at the victim.

'When I was outside, one guy yelled at her, '... Thank your grandpa for my cotton shirt,' ' Bissey said.

After a few minutes, everything seemed to calm down, he said. One of the women headed back into the house, saying she forgot her shoes.

Days later, Bissey learned one of the young women reported being raped.

'If I had called in the beginning, maybe the cops would have gotten there before this happened,' he said."
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.